december

Thursday, November 29, 2012

This December will be different for us in a lot of ways. And although we miss this scene and our families more, I get to cross off an important item on my list:
Experience Christmas the way my mother did growing up.

If you know me well, you might know that I'm a halfblood. My father was born and raised in a small town in Idaho and my mother was born and raised (through her adolescent years) in Guatemala. That is partly why we are here. We'll expound on it all in pieces as we continue to share our story in other posts, but a main reason why we wanted this move when we did is because we wanted to experience Christmas with my Guatemala family here. So in a form of nostalgia, a snapshot of where we spent Christmas last year - the beautiful Wasatch front.

There they are, two of my favorite people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Le Robin's Nest All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger